KidZone Learning Letters
Letter C Worksheets
Grade Level: Kindergarten
The Letter C is an unreliable, redundant letter. It either makes the /k/ sound as in cat or the /s/ sound as in celery. It is considered redundant because it doesn't make a unique sound.
The Letter C is part of the /ch/ digraph as in chicken
When C is followed by 'e' or 'i' it often has the soft sound (as in celery).
The activities are organized from easiest to most difficult. Feel free to go only part way through the activities depending on the comfort level of the child!
- Activity Sheet: Poem -- circle the capital letter C, underline the lower case letter c.
- Activity Sheet: Hidden image -- color the capital letter C one color and the lower case n another color to reveal the hidden image.
Words that Begin with the Letter C (with /k/ sound):
- Activity Sheet: Say the name of each picture out loud and listen for the Cc (/k/) sound.
- Activity Sheet: Modern Manuscript: Trace (print) the words that begin with the Letter C.
- Activity Sheet: Standard Font: Trace (print) the words that begin with the Letter C.
- Activity Sheet: Draw a line to the words that begin with the sound of C
- Activity Sheet:
Color the words
that begin with the sound of C.
- Color by letters CAT: Color the letters to find the hidden picture
- Connect the dots CARROT: Connect the dots to find the hidden picture
- Itsy Bitsy Book: Little activity book with word that begin with the sound of C
Words that End with the Letter C:
There aren't many words in the language that end with the letter c. /k/ sound words typically are a 'ck' combination as in duck. /s/ sound words typically are a 'ce' combination as in slice.
Letter C Word Bank:
words that begin with the Letter C (/k/ sound)
words that begin with the Letter C (/s/ sound)
Although the activities are geared more to the preschool age group, adding one or two less challenging activities when learning the letters can be a welcome break for the kids and can be given as a bonus activity for those who finish their work early.
- Visit the Alphabuddies for some fun coloring pages and crafts to reinforce learning.
- Visit Coloring ABC's for more coloring pages.