KidZone Geography - Canadian Provinces
© Contributed by
Nova Scotia is one of Canada's ten provinces. It is an Atlantic or "Maritime" province. It can be found on the East Coast of the country, near the Atlantic Ocean.
Nova Scotia joined the Canadian Confederation in 1867.
You can find out a lot of interesting information about the province at http://www.novascotia.com/about-nova-scotia
© Leanne Guenther
foggy morning in Peggy's Cove, Nova Scotia
Free Printable Worksheets:
- Nova Scotia flag worksheet
- Nova Scotia map and response worksheet
- Nova Scotia map - Name the Capital City
- Nova Scotia map - Name the Province
- Nova Scotia provincial bird with labels worksheet
- Nova Scotia provincial bird coloring page
- Nova Scotia provincial flower with labels worksheet
- Nova Scotia provincial flower coloring page
Free On-Line Activities:
© Leanne Guenther
Provincial flag of Nova Scotia
The Provincial Flag
Blue Saint Andrew's cross with gold and red crest of a lion in the center. In the 1625 it was the first provincial flag in the commonwealth to be authorized.
The Provincial Flower
The mayflower was declared Nova Scotia's provincial flower in 1901. This beautiful flower blooms in early spring with white blooms and light pink buds.
The Provincial Bird
The Osprey was made Nova Scotia's provincial bird in 1994. The birds use the same nests each year, hatching 2-3 eggs per year.
The osprey is 'a raptor' or meat eating bird that feeds mainly on fish.
Other Links you might like:
- Canadian book recommendations
- Canadian coloring pages
- Canadian crafts for kids
- Canadian printable puzzle
- Canadian trivia with MAPLE bingo cards
- First Nations Peoples coloring pages
- First Nations crafts for kids
- Why Bat Has No Friends - a Native American Legend