KidZone Learning Letters
Letter H Worksheets
Grade Level: Kindergarten
The letter H is a dependable letter. It usually makes the "huh" sound as in hat. This is especially the case when the letter H is not partnered with another consonant
However, it is sometimes silent (as in ghost or hour).
It is also part of a number of digraphs: she, the, phonics, chicken, when
This variety makes the letter h tougher to teach than the extremely reliable letters (M, R and V). In the beginning, stick to the typical "h" sound and later move to the exceptions to the rule.
The activities are organized from easiest to most difficult. Feel free to go only part way through the activities depending on the comfort level of the child!
- Activity Sheet: Hidden image -- color the capital letter H one color and the lower case h another color to reveal the hidden image.
Words that Begin with the Letter H:
- Activity Sheet: Say the name of each picture out loud and listen for the Hh sound.
- Activity Sheet: Modern Manuscript: Trace (print) the words that begin with the letter h.
- Activity Sheet: Standard Font: Trace (print) the words that begin with the letter h.
- Activity Sheet: Draw a line to the
words that begin with the sound of H
- Activity Sheet: Color the words that begin with the sound of H
- Color by Letters HOUSE: Color by letters to find the hidden picture
- Itsy Bitsy Book: Little activity book with word that begin with the sound of H.
Words that End with the Letter H:
- although there are words that end with the letter "H" such as "which" or "graph", there are really no words that end with an h that makes the /h/ sound.
Letter H Word Bank:
Although the activities are geared more to the preschool age group, adding one or two less challenging activities when learning the letters can be a welcome break for the kids and can be given as a bonus activity for those who finish their work early.
- Visit the Alphabuddies for some fun coloring pages and crafts to reinforce learning.
- Visit Coloring ABC's for more coloring pages.