KidZone Learning Letters
Letter Q Worksheets
Grade Level: Kindergarten
The letter Q is an extremely reliable, but redundant, letter. It does not make its own unique sound -- it makes the /kw/ sound as in queen. This makes it a difficult letter for children to sound out.
The activities are organized from easiest to most difficult. Feel free to go only part way through the activities depending on the comfort level of the child!
- Activity Sheet: Hidden image -- color the capital letter Q one color and the lower case q another color to reveal the hidden image.
Words that Begin with the Letter Q:
- Activity Sheet: Say the name of each picture out loud and listen for the Qq sound.
- Activity Sheet: Modern Manuscript: Trace (print) the words that begin with the Letter Q.
- Activity Sheet: Standard Font: Trace (print) the words that begin with the Letter Q.
- Activity Sheet: Draw a line to the words that begin with the sound of Q.
- Activity Sheet: Color the words that begin with the sound of Q.
- Itsy Bitsy Book: Little activity book with word that begin with the sound of Q
Letter Q Word Bank:
Although the activities are geared more to the preschool age group, adding one or two less challenging activities when learning the letters can be a welcome break for the kids and can be given as a bonus activity for those who finish their work early.